Saturday 20 May 2017

Géraldine Alibeu



'The rock that wanted to travel' written by Spanish author Nono Granero and it is illustrated by Géraldine Alibeu made me gasp out loud when I first read its images. Unable to read French I immediately fell in love with this boulder with its gentle expressions and tiny arms, speaking its strange language of red dashes.



It is not a sad story at all, but if you just read the pictures it is possible to interpret a very different story to that of the text. The main character is a large rock, isolated in a mountain landscape who dreams of traveling. An encounter with a passing geologist enables this dream to become a reality.
 I fell in love with the boulder and had to have the book. The story resonates for me  as I have wondered about reincarnation and fossils and how you would be trapped in a fossil for so long without chance of being a living creature for many millennia.




2 comments:

  1. beautiful discover, thank you for sharing
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! My niece is half Spanish- I must look into getting this book for her!

    ReplyDelete